HomeGoogleHow to Track Twitter Traffic in Google Analytics?
November 7, 2012
How to Track Twitter Traffic in Google Analytics?
Some websites, which are called as social websites are very important for some businesses these days. Many companies are using them for the promotion of their business. Many small and large organizations use twitter for the promotion of a website as they want to get traffic to their website. Google Analytics allow users to get information that how many people visit their website with the help of User’s URLs. You have to tag URLs to get this kind of information.
2- Now write the URL, which you will tweet in the URL place of the website.
3- In campaign Source filed, you have to write “twitter”.
4- In Campaign Medium place you have to write Social Media.
5- Write the name of that particular campaign, URL is the part of that campaign. For instance, you have to write dishwashers if URL is about the promotion of the dishwashers.
6. Click on “Generate URL”.
7. You will get a new URL, which will be longer than the previous one. Copy the URL. Get Parameter “utm_source=twitter.” You have to tweet the same URL, not exactly the original one, it will help if you use it with Google Analytics.
Tag’s Tracking URLs through Google Analytics
8. Access your Google Analytics account by using your email id and associated password.
9. Click on “View report”. You will be directed to the summary of data or in other words to the dashboard.
10. You have to choose a specific period of time, for which you need data. You can choose from the menu. This menu is available at the top corner on the right.
11. On the left side you will get a menu. You have to click on Traffic sources. From the options, you have to choose referring sites.
12. At the end of the same page, you will find a field named as filter source.
13. From the menu, you have to choose containing and write parameter, which you previously used. Now click on go and the Google will show the URLs that have the same parameter and visitors will be directed to your website for the specific time period you have selected. Visits, this column will provide you information that how many times a particular URL was visited by the people. Information about the attitude of traffic will be available in the pages/visit and average time on the website.